- open the can of corn kernels and drain off most of the brine
- put one teaspoon of butter in a deep bowl
- pour in the kernels and remaining brine, making sure the blob of butter is well covered by the kernels
- microwave (use a lid) for 3 minutes on medium power
- add a dash of salt, stir and serve
As for the butter, in our home kitchen, butter is only used for baking. For everything else, we use olive oil spread since it does the job, tastes just as good and, being cholesterol-free, definitely healthier.
I used to think very little of canned vegetables but people say that frozen or canned vegetables may pack as much nutrition as their fresh counterparts. Unless we grow our own fruits and vegetables in the backyard, the fresh ones we get in the markets may have taken several days to arrive from the farm, thus losing their nutrients. I'll just leave you with this article to read. As long as we are mindful of our daily sodium intake, canned vegetables can be used to our advantage.